If you have applied for longer than 6 months visa to come to the UK, and once your application is successful you will be provided 30 day travel visa (vignette sticker on passport). You will need to travel to the UK prior your travel visa expires. You will then need to collect your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) from your educational institute or your chosen post office. Information about post office will be provided on your visa granted letter. You will need to collect your BRP card within 10 days of your arrival.

You should be aware that:

  • you must travel within this 30 days period or your visa will expire
  • if your 30 days travel visa expires before you travel, you will need to apply for a replacement and pay another fee in order to travel to the UK
  • once you arrive in the UK you must collect your BRP from the Post Office you chose when you applied for your visa, within 10 days
  • you will receive a letter with your visa decision providing instructions on what you will need to do once you are in the UK
  • Your BRP is an important document. It provides proof of your permission to be in the UK, for how long and the conditions attached to your stay, and can also be used as identification.

Please visit the following link to get more information about Biometric Residence Permit (BRP):


Please visit the following link to get more information about 30 days travel visa:


Leave a Reply